Changing, Varying, Ending or Revoking a Domestic Violence Protection Order
An Application can be made to the Magistrates Court to end (revoke) a Domestic Violence Protection Order.
Sometimes after a Protection Order is made it might be necessary to add more conditions or change the conditions.
An Application can also be made to the Magistrates Court to vary (change) a Domestic Violence Protection Order.
- The content on this page represents the law in Queensland. Domestic Violence laws vary according to each State and Territory in Australia.
- In Qld Protection Orders are called Domestic Violence Protection Orders or a “DVO”.
- Other States refer to a Relationship Violence Protection Order or DVO as:
- NSW: In New South Wales it is an Aprehended Domestic Violence Order (AVO) or (ADVO) or an Apprehended Personal Violence Order (APVO);
- VIC: In Victoria it is a Family Violence Intervention Order (FVIO);
- ACT: In the Austalian Capital Territory it is a Domestic Violence Protection Orders (DVO)
- TAS: In Tasmainia it is Family Violence Order (FVO) or Police Family Violence Order (PFVO);
- S.A.: In South Australia it is an Intervention Order (IO);
- W.A.: In Western Australia it is a Violence Restraining Order (VRO);
- N.T.: In the Northern Territory it is a Domestic Violence Protection Orders (DVO)
- So variously it is referred to as a Domestic Violence Order, Intervention Order, Restraining Order, Protection Order, Apprehended Violence Order, Violence Restraining Order etc.
Other Pages in the Family & Domestic Violence Section
- What constitutes Family Violence & when is it considered to have occurred
- What are examples of Family Violence having occurred
- What are examples of a Child being exposed to Family Violence
- Domestic Violence: The Law you need to know
- What amounts to actual Domestic Violence
- Who makes the Application for a Domestic Violence Protection Order
- When will a Court make a Domestic Violence Protection Order
- What does a Domestic Violence Protection Order say
- How long does a Domestic Violence Protection Order apply for
- Can I get a Temporary or Urgent Domestic Violence Protection Order
- Can I end (revoke) or vary (change) a Domestic Violence Protection Order
- Who will represent me in Court in a Domestic Violence Matter